Friday, April 20, 2018

5 thing Friday - driving, shelf liner, bluebonnets, chairs, quail

I haven't written one of these posts in a while...
Hopefully we will staying closer to home this weekend than last.  I want to get some things done around the house, and I want to relax.
So. Much. Driving.
I always offer to do some, Hubby always says no.  I'm not even sure where I took the above pic,but it was my view all last weekend.  It's supposed to rain in the Austin area tomorrow - maybe I will take him to an afternoon movie and I know he'll let me drive for that!
I purged and cleaned in my tiny laundry room the weekend I was on call.  Tossed some decor stuff I wasn't going to use anytime soon, wiped down the shelves. Vacuumed all of the dust bunnies and wiped down the washer and dryer, inside and out.  And yesterday I got around to lining the shelves above with new shelf liner from Dollar Tree.  It's those little things, ya know...
 Shutterfly woos me with freebies frequently, and mostly I don't bite because I don't have time or inclination to sit there and create something "free" they're going to charge me ten bucks to ship.  But sometimes I cave...ordered a new set of playing cards for Highlands with a fav bluebonnet pic from last year.  Shipping was $8.  Still expensive, but Hubby and I play cards often and the pic is sweet!
These rusty vintage-y chairs - I LOVE THEM.  They are on the balcony at the Whole Foods we go to for beer and people-watching.  These would be so great for the porch at Highlands...I need to find out where they got them.
I finally got around to spray painting the little quail I found at a thrift store.  She sits sweetly in the tray on the dining table with her hollow, creepy eyes...I like her, so she stays.





1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Your laundry room shelves look great! Funny that you should mention your laundry room. I have been standing in mine, looking around, wondering what I could possibly do with it. It needs improvements in so many different ways, that I am almost overwhelmed at the thought.