Friday, February 9, 2018

Catching up

It's ironic to me that as my peeps have gotten older and moved on, I don't seem to be any less busy around the house.  Maybe that has to do with working full-time now, or the particular shift I am on.  But most days I feel pretty stretched to the limit of what I can get done.  And if I didn't use my lists, I would get pretty bogged down.
This week, as always, I am working a fairly long list.  I got an amazing amount of things done, so maybe I should focus on that - the success of getting things accomplished.  I'm pretty sure Hubby is tired of hearing about it so maybe I will start journaling it here!  This week I hemmed two pairs of pants for Dutch...
...bought Valentine's Day sussies for my peeps, ordered some new sandals, sent a box of treats to The Girl, did maintenance on the Keurig, cleaned the oven, washed several loads of laundry and changed my sheets, reconciled the credit card statements, bought groceries, made dinners, took the bulky trash to the curb, loaded up some donate items into my car to drop off on the way to work...
Must get this clock fixed and the taxes started, plus start this year's FAFSA for Bubbie, fix a pull on my nightstand, water and sun my potted plants that are wintering in the garage, and deep clean the bathrooms.  That will take up much of Saturday morning, before noon, at which point the chores end and the weekend begins.  On Sunday we'll do nothing more than go to a winery to pick up our wine club allocation and listen to live music, then home for dinner with our peeps.  Then Monday will dawn and the catching up will begin again in earnest.  Better busy than bored, right?




1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I think there are busy people, and not so busy people. No matter what age, I suspect I’m always going to be busy, because that’s the kind of person I am. I’m also an ab a list maker, and will plan a month in advance, and then have separate lists for each week and each day. I am nothing if not productive. But as my mother used to say, “busy hands are happy hands.“