Friday, February 16, 2018

5 thing Friday - sandals, donuts, wine and burgers, houseguests, freezer meals

As a reward to myself for cleaning out the closet I bought myself a new pair of Alegria sandals:
Pretty much my favorite shoe brand, because after an 8 hour shift at work my feet don't feel like they will fall off!
 
 Valentine donuts for my sleeping in peeps...a Saturday treat!
I'm sure Hubby wishes I would stop taking awkward pics of him...we had such a good time at the Perisso's pick-up last weekend.  When we finished the tastings, we found a table to enjoy grilled burgers and tempranillo.  After we ate, we grabbed two other couples we saw wandering around, gave them our primo table, then headed into the tasting room to listen to live music as it very slowly warmed up outside.  It was a relaxing afternoon, to be sure.
 Teddy is warming up so much to all of us - including Dutch!
I no longer have the heart to toss him off my bed, despite the enormous amount of fur he sheds.  Here he is making small noises as he sleeps next to me reading on Sunday night.  Wonder what he dreams about?  I'm sure he will be overjoyed to see his momma in a few days.
I was struck by inspiration on Monday and bought some extra meats and sauces to make easy dump-and-go freezer meals for the crockpot.
There's still space in there to add a few more, I think.  Pictured is Sesame Chicken, Beef Veggie Stew, Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork, and Apricot Chicken.  It took me all of 25 minutes to do, then I put a crockpot of pintos on with the leftover ham bone from Christmas.  Easy crockpot meals are my go-to nowadays!




No comments: