Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Christmas plus one

Scout and Dutch will be joining us for Christmas, which makes me feel all kinds of happy! {I had to find an alias for her, as I did everyone else!}
I don't know a lot about her that I can share here, other than she is from Amsterdam and is pretty much on her own, except for us.  She is warming up to us, different as we are from her own family, I am sure.  But she and Scout seem perfectly matched in temperament and personality.
 Scout helping to cut down the perfect tree
She accompanied us to the tree farm the day after Thanksgiving and took family photos, even though she was missing a baby shower.  And she and Scout have been coming over on Sunday nights where we are gradually learning more about her, and she about us.
 
 Firstborn and Scout hauling said tree to the truck
Scout and  Dutch at the tree farm
Seeing her ever-changing haircolor makes me wish I could pull off purple, too!
One of the traditions I hold most dear is that of the Christmas stocking - you're never too old for one.  I couldn't find an appropriate one for her, so I used one of ours as a pattern and made one using fabric I already had.  It's not perfect, but I hope she will like it!
I think all it needs is some embellishment and her name on the front.  And now I need to finish up everyone's stockings and presents!




No comments: