Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Guess what's in two weeks?!

The Girl visited us last weekend - she was on her way to Waco for a girl's weekend, so Teddy stayed overnight on Saturday.  Then she was back Sunday and it was nice to have her at our Sunday night dinner!  It felt like I got nothing at my house done all weekend (as per the usual lately) and by Sunday night I was dreading the week...then it hit me...
Thanksgiving is in two weeks!!
With my new work schedule I have gotten far less done in the mornings than I had hoped I would, including getting any plans made for the holidays!  So while The Girl and I chatted about Thanksgiving, I made a quick menu out, and a plan.  And not surprisingly, it's very simple, with all the "tried and trues" we've come to love about the meal.  Nothing Pinterest-inspired, nothing fussy.  But if we do a little advance prep, we can eat as a family around noon, and visit together all morning with a minimum amount of fuss.  Then I go into work at 2:30, which is kind of a bummer, but I will have the following FOUR days off to spend with my peeps!  And for all of that, I feel a little less stressed about it, a little more thankful!  So that's my Wednesday today - step one is getting to the grocery store before work so I can start my shopping and prepping!
How about you?  Do you have a plan to start the holidays off right?  Give me your tips!
 


2 comments:

Kim said...

Tried and true is the best in my book! :)

Simply LKJ said...

Keeping it all simple this year, or at least hope to.