Monday, April 3, 2017

What the week holds and catching up

On the Organized Home Challenge for March was coming up with a weekly routine.  I have a routine - yet I still manage to fall behind, then scramble madly to catch up.  I'm sure I'm not the only one!  I think life just manages to get in the way of itself!
 Staying on schedule didn't used to be a problem for me.  I feel fairly organized - I am a champion list maker.  Still, I struggle to getting around to doing everything - from the things I love, like reading...
 ...to the things I don't love, such as laundry.  A lot of times, I catch up only out of necessity.  Do you ever fall so far behind that you are in crisis mode and can only do what you must?  Laundry is a must. {It's good think paying bills is not on the list of stuff I forget.  That could be a problem!}
So is buying food.  And another big must that I tend to overlook is keeping up with the people I care about...friends and family.  So this week, I am going to do just that!
The pretty girl in pink in the photo above is one of my besties, Marie, 1988.  (I am the second from the left, front row) We worked together at Laura Ashley, then at Mother and Child.  For a short time we even lived in the same apartment complex.  From the moment I met her, I felt like we were destined to be buds - corny, I know.  Then as I began my family, and she expanded hers, we brought our kids to each others' kids' birthday parties, friends' baby showers (including one she threw for me!), visited each others' homes, and talked often on the phone.  She moved away, we lost touch, yada yada...  I found her again via social media and her blog, and guess what?  She's coming into town this week and we will play catch up over tea!  It's one of the most fun sot of catch-ups and I can't wait to see her!
This week Bubbie has UIL competition for band, as well as pre-admission testing for the community college.  Hubby and I each have doc appointments.  There is catch up to do on many things around the house, too - groceries, errands, housework, etc.  But it's the Wednesday catch-up with an old friend that's making me look forward to the week.
What does your week look like?




1 comment:

Rue said...

Oh wow... my 9th grade graduation dress was from Laura Ashley and it sorta looked like the ones you gals were wearing. That was in 1983 though, I think. We must be close close to the same age. I was 19 in 1988.

Anyway, that's so neat that you two found each other again! I'm sure you'll have a blast catching up :)

xo,
rue