Friday, April 21, 2017

5 thing Friday - downtime, bluebonnets, foot care, fingernails, dinner plans

My 5 thing list this week is "old news" judging by the pictures.  Just things that are still on my radar, I guess...
Hubby and I enjoyed a day off together at Highlands.  We took in the view from Torr Na Lochs with a glass of petite syrah, then enjoyed BBQ from our favorite hole-in-the-wall joint in Burnet, soaked up some sun, picked some bluebonnets, and headed back home.
The bluebonnets are every where!  Though this might be the last of them, no need to fret -  there are others that will show up!  In fact, there were a lot of tiny yellow ones scattered about, and the cacti were about to bloom as well.
I've been saying all week that I'm going to find a place to get a pedicure.  And I really meant to, but then I think about how many pedi's I could actually do myself for the cost of ONE at a salon, then I don't.  I stopped by Walgreen's and spent around $30 on the supplies to give myself several of them:  foot soak, a file, foot lotion.  And my toesies look pretty good!
I've been keeping my fingernails polished as well.  They look a million times better and go a long way to making me feel prettier.  It's so great to have them again.  I rub lotion into them several times a day now, too.
Years ago I had a pretty platter that I used to write messages to my peeps on - I thought it was quirky and fun.  I have no idea what happened to that platter, but knowing me, I purged it.  I had a smaller one, though, and I am going to be using it to post dinner instructions for the menfolk.  The instructions will be short and sweet.  Hubby is already on board with it! I don't want to just stop cooking dinner for my family - I actually enjoy doing that.   It's going to be simpler, but I think it will work out just fine!



No comments: