Monday, March 6, 2017

What the week holds, and monkeying around

Late posting as often happens on Monday.  Most of the time, if I don't talk about the week in advance by typing a post on Friday, it's old news by 4 p.m. on Monday.  Sometimes it can't be helped!  Last week, The Girl's busy season at work ended on Monday, and she told us she would come into town on Wednesday afternoon for a long weekend.  That was fine by me, even though I had to miss work due to illness on Tuesday...
So after laying around in bed all day Tuesday (which wasn't all bad as Hubby brought me Schlotzsky's and I binged Netflix and cross stitchin') I cleaned up the house and shopped on Wednesday - Hubby's first day at his new job.  The rest of the week passed in a blur, and on Friday, The Girl and I picked up the quarterly shipment at Infinite Monkey and enjoyed a glass of Malbec out on their "patio".  As wineries go, this is one of the most low key ones we are members of.  But we were pleased to read on the bottle that a portion of the profits goes directly to The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.  Great wine and a great cause.
The shipment this go-round was tempranillo, and we enjoyed a bottle of that with our Chinese stir fry at home.  I'm not sure about that particular wine pairing, but the wine was delightful.  And all too soon the week was over and a new workweek had begun...
This week Bubbie has a doc appointment at lunchtime on Wednesday so he and I get to enjoy a lunch on the run together, I have a birthday gift for a friend to finish up (more soon), and I will probably visit Brenham to take my mother her birthday gifts.  There's also a lot of Teddy left here in the form of hair, but I don't mind giving the house a top to bottom clean since next week will be a bear for me...I'm also planning some freezer meals.
What does your week look like?




1 comment:

The Happy Whisk said...

Wow-wee, you've got lots going on. Top to bottom cleaning to boot and freezer meals. Do you enjoy music whilst you work?