Friday, March 3, 2017

5 thing Friday - Winery visits, slobbiness, craftin', potatoes, chicken salad

A couple of weeks ago, Hubby and I found a winery in Lampasas we we wanted to try.  The wine was good, but the place was in a state of half-finished landscaping and such, which for a customer, is kind of off-putting.  Turns out that the winery down the road a bit is owned by the twin brother to the winemaker at Legato.  The tasting lady said they are fairly competitive brothers,  but share a vineyard.  Only in Texas...
 Anyway, the family reunion blend had every grape they grow: Merlot, Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Verdot & Petite Syrah.  It was a very relaxed place - I'm sure we'll visit again.
 
This is the scene at work about a week ago.  There are grown adult, professional women that use this locker room.  It's discouraging.  I was going to straighten it up and pretty up the bulletin board, then I felt disgusted and didn't.  Maybe I will spruce and clean tomorrow when only three of us will be at work.  With a note that says: Your mother doesn't work here and we fired the maid.
 A bright Spring project is in the works!  I am gradually making my way through the mountain of scrap fabrics I have acquired and flexing my creative muscle, too.
Hubby and I enjoy us some breakfast out, and a couple of weeks ago we enjoyed some really good skillet potatoes.  The secret to fully cooked and browned potatoes is to cook the potatoes first, cool them, dice them, then fry in a little hot fat.  It might not be health food but I so love potatoes this way!
Wine pick-up party at Torr Na Loch.  Perfect weather, delightful chili, and Fion Dearg followed by Syrah.  Plus, there was a nice collection of reds to take home.  My only complaint is that there was no music!  But we had absolutely the best spot to sit with an amazing view.
Inks Lake to the distant left, Buchanan Lake to the distant right.
Ever eat something, then think "why don't we have that more often?"  We enjoyed rotisserie chicken salad sammies on toast for Sunday lunch, with some colorful chips.  It sure hit the spot!


1 comment:

The Happy Whisk said...

Hi. Thanks for stopping by and I have you in my feed now as well.

Skillet potatoes. Yes. So yummy. I often cube or slice potatoes, steam them and place them in the fridge for breakfast potatoes the following day. I also cook them from raw, but having them ready like that, is heaven.

Funny about the brothers sharing but being competitive. Sounds like they have a good time. And the mess with the gowns? I don't get it? I don't get how people do that. Makes me nuts.

Cheers and boogie boogie.