Monday, December 26, 2016

Yesterday

Sunday was a special day at our house for more than the obvious reason...
The baby turned 18.  We all sat at the table, finishing up dinner, talking with him about what it means to be adult - all the can's and can'ts...can't order a Happy Meal anymore, but can serve in the military, vote, go to jail. Can buy cigarettes.  Can drop out of school legally.  Can get a tattoo.  Can get married without parental consent.  Adulthood isn't all it's cracked up to be...  I'm hoping Bubbie has had a solid foundation, and with all of us behind him, will find his way in this big world.  But, scary times, I tell ya...  This week he gets his driver's license (finally!!), I am working an extra two days, Hubby is taking a much needed break from work, The Girl and Teddy head back to Houston, I have my last physical therapy appointment, and we may head to Highlands for a day away.  I will work all of next weekend, so as usual, the weekend will pass in a blur.  I m not sad to see 2016 go and am looking forward to the new year being awesome. 
What does your week look like?



No comments: