Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Simple things

When I picked Bubbie and a friend up from band practice yesterday, the friend asked if I cooked a lot.  That was because immediately Bubbie asks "what's for dinner?" every time I pick him up!  The friend said his mother rarely did. 
And I realized that it's been a long time since I could say that I cook "5 days out of 7".  It just seems like, with our schedules, I'm not cooking as much lately...So, I guess I need to address that.  Making a cozy home has many aspects, not the least of which is good food.  We are very lucky and I feel thankful for that every day!  It's a simple thing, dinner.  Doesn't have to be fancy.
So, hooray for Fall being here, and plans to cook more and make my home look pretty.  {And next week the fence company is coming, so pretty soon, I will get to make the backyard ready for Fall, too.}   Aren't these glass pumpkins and squash pretty?  I love glazed pottery.  I think I spent a couple dollars each on them at Michael's - cheap thrills.
The shelf in the front room is like a second mantle.  I added some fall greenery up there along with my pumpkins and called it done.  And doing that made me think about all of the fun things we have to look forward to this Fall.  Do you ever do that?  Find that a simple thing makes you think of Big Things?  Maybe that's what simple things are for!



No comments: