Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Saddlehorn Winery

There's not a whole lot to this post - just photos, mainly, of a winery I visited near Brenham.  I don't know why I haven't stopped there before a couple of weeks ago, on the way home from my mother's house.  It was out in the middle of wide open spaces and I was pretty much the only customer!
A gravel road leads up to the winery itself, surrounded by what looks like it was once ranch land.
I thought it was pretty and country-looking.  Just a simple place, really, no frills like some of the other wineries we have visited.  No pretense.
I didn't take pictures of the inside -  because I was the only customer and that would have felt awkward!  - but it was very pretty.  A large plate glass window behind the tasting bar lets you see into the tank room.  The walls were covered in wood planking and there were hand craafted looking  tables and stools surrounding little tables - perfect for a cozy glass.
I love stone patios!  There was also a much larger one out back, and they have a wine club, so I imagine they draw quite a crowd on pick-up days.
They grow Lenoir, or Black Spanish, grapes along with a white varietal.  I only tasted the red wines and I liked them all - I took home some of the Black Spanish wine which was very good with that weekends' BBQ.  Hubby and I enjoy finding these new places to visit - sometimes together, sometimes on our own. Add this one to the list of places to visit together soon!



Gina

No comments: