Monday, September 12, 2016

What the week holds, and Torr Na Lochs

Late posting today as I am a little less efficient...oh well.  It was a busy weekend! 
The first time we went (together) to Torr Na Lochs, Hubby and I agreed right away we should probably join the wine club...
Just minutes from the new property and a small boutique style winery, the views and the wine are superb, and the homemade cheese biscuits on the cheese tray are none too shabby as well.
 Overcast, but who cares?  We were the only ones there on a recent early Friday afternoon - that's pretty much unheard of at Austin happy hours...
Things I love:  crushed granite drives, natural rock used in landscaping, cacti, beautiful metal wind sculptures.  All there.  The second time we went, we met there for the wine "pick up party" on Saturday around 1:30 p.m.  More people, but also live music, vertical wine tastings, beautiful views with mild late summer weather, and...
 
THESE.  A Smack and Cheese (cheese macaroni, cheddar, and pulled pork on white bread) and the Game Time (roasted jalapenos, cheddar, bacon, and green onion cream cheese spread on white).  We enjoyed a lovely bottle of red wine and enjoyed individual cheesecakes, as well.  It was like being on vacation again!
So pretty out there - it already feels like home!
Needless to say, there were many other people.  Lots of doggies wandering around, good music, nice breezes.  I love it.
I really look forward to going back soon, during the week.  I think that is the best tie to try a new winery - no kids (sorry, not sorry), the staff are more relaxed, less frantic, and you get a whole lot more information about the wines and the winery in general.  
This week we are feeling the burn:  The Girl turns 25 today.  TWENTY-FIVE,  How is that even possible?!  She and I agree that we will celebrate BIG when she visits on the 25th. Bubbie has band practice several times this week, as well as AISD Band Jamboree, which will take up his entire Tuesday and make Wednesday feel like punishment...I had my first PT appointment for my elbow today, and I have another one on Thursday.  Friday is a football game and Saturday is Spirit Fest at the high school.  In between there is LIFE.  I wouldn't want it any other way.  
What does YOUR week look like?





No comments: