Friday, July 8, 2016

Oops - it's Friday...

I had every intention of posting when we got back from our trip.
But Wednesday morning I felt overwhelmed when I sat at my desk.  The 100+ emails, bills that needed to be paid, camera cards to upload, souvenir patches to be sewn, and stack of mail to sort did me in.  Not to mention the state of a few things around the house.  So, instead of working on blogging, I spent a couple of days doing multiple loads of laundry, ironing Hubby's work shirts, cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming and swiffering, grocery shopping and cleaning out the fridge, unloading and reloading the dishwasher, cleaning out Mabel and washing and storing the linens and dishes, cleaning and gassing up my car, running to the bank and post office, harvesting some figs and making jam, and weeding and watering the front landscaping. Whew!
And now it is Friday and I STILL do not have my thoughts or photos organized!  But I feel more ready to begin my work week tomorrow, and all of those infrastructure jobs had to be done....so. Today I'm going to work on the backyard a bit, read a little, then take Bubbie for driving practice, stay hydrated and cool in this terrible heat, and try not to watch or read any of the news - sorry, but not sorry.  It makes me feel very stressed as I'm sure it does a lot of folks.  Next week will be busy, too, but I will get back into the groove, I'm sure.
Have a good weekend and enjoy your summer with the people you love...the world is a stranger place lately. Try not to carry it with you everywhere you go...


1 comment:

bj said...

whew is right. I guess we all go thru this when we are away for awhile...
it's too hot here to do much outside so I am staying in and eating Vanilla Bean Ice Cream....:)