Monday, May 23, 2016

What the week holds: the final push of the school year!

 The school year is winding down...it all seems to happen at once!
The only one I have in  public school anymore is Bubbie.  He will be a high school senior next year and will letter in band.  About a week ago we heard a preview of the new music for Fall.  Called "Tango" and FULL of sassy brass.  It's going to be a fabulous show!
The end of that week was the band banquet - kind of like a prom of sorts for band members.  Bubbie and his date both wore blue, and I put together a very last minute bouquet of dyed-blue alstromeria and yellow rose with greenery.  It was very pretty and I think they enjoyed their time out - I took them over to Amy's for an after banquet treat.  It makes me wish I had done more to help the two oldest get the most out of simple social get-togethers in high school.   For Bubbie it will be important to maintain a balance - he will be finishing up his Eagle rank in scouts and taking some challenging course next Fall, in addition to some college work at the community college.  Oy vey.
He's in there somewhere!
Last week was the last band concert and this week is the last week for private lessons.  Hopefully he can get on to studying for finals this week...  It's always hard for me to believe how fast the school year goes.  I've had a child in AISD since 1994!  This time next year will seem surreal with graduation and the transition to college.  There is SO much to do and deadlines loom.  Days after the school year ends, he will be taking his SAT.  I'm not sure I'm ready for all that the Fall will bring, but I'm sure going to try!  One week at a time, deep breaths...
What does your week look like?




No comments: