Wednesday, April 27, 2016

New monogram wreath for kitchen

It's been a good 5 years since I changed out the "art" above the kitchen cabinets.  Previous to that cork covered C there was an Anne Geddes print.  I mostly change out what's sitting just below what's hanging, usually silk plants or candles or such.  But more and more I want some simple decor.
 I liked it a lot - but it was time for a change.  I really like the look of a monogram...hmmm.
 
So while I was at Michael's I found that all of their monogram art was on sale and I picked up this rustic looking C. I may want to use it somewhere else at some point so I don't want to glue it to anything.
I pulled out one of the extra grapevine wreaths I had from the garage (for some reason I had two of them decorated for Fall) and some burlap ribbon I used a coupon for.  I don't have any photos of the rest of the process - I just added in some very inexpensive ivy and excelsior from my stash.
This spot is waaay up there over the vent hood so it was a trick getting it hung!  I wrapped some florist wire around the back of the burlap loop and called it done.
The kitchen spot lights aren't usually on since they are BRIGHT, but otherwise, it's hard to see it in a photo!  Whatcha think?  I think I like it simple up there - less to fuss over!



Shared with
https://joyfulhomemaking.com/2016/05/think-tank-thursday-182.html#comment-263563

No comments: