Friday, February 19, 2016

5 thing Friday - Bunny head, FitBit goals, cross stitchin', date night, Bubbie


My mother has pretty little pots of plants everywhere. Every now and then you will see something non-plantlike in one of them.  Like a bunny head.  My mother's sense of humor surprises me sometimes to see it in its' child-like form.  Made me chuckle.
Some days I hit well over my 12K steps goal on the FitBit!  But just as often, I don't.  I am trying to hit that mark every day, but sometimes my activity is more stationary.  Still, moving more than I was last year!  Also, an added benefit of the FB is that I actually AM walking more, strengthening my left leg.  I've noticed that stairs are not the challenge they were just a few months ago.  It helps that I have a fairly active job.
 I had fun making this cross stitch design for a friend at work.  I found the frame at Michael's for half off, bought some turquoise thread for the wording, and used some varigated pink thread I had in my stash for the heart.  I estimate it took me a couple of hours total, and cost less than $12.  One of my goals for the year was to stitch (and create) more, so yay!  Plus, it made a sweet Valentine's/Going to Another shift sussie.
 
 Date night at Whole Foods.
 This time around, Hubby took care of the pizza, I did the beer.  We had a delightful IPA and a grilled chicken/artichoke heart/olive combo. He also picked out some fruit tarts, and I had a Skip Bo game handy... We sat on the balcony, admiring the traffic and sunset.  I hung over the railing and yelled at someone's kid to get out of the street.  
Can't take me anywhere.
Bubbie at the drop-off for a scout campout.  Peace out and have a great weekend!





2 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

It is amazing how more aware you become of your steps with a FB on your wrist! Got one for Christmas. I was just thinking to myself yesterday that I haven't stitched in years. Need to pick something up to do.

bj said...

ummm, the pizza and beer sounds great...so glad you are moving more..I need to get up off my lazy **** and get back to walking. In fact, think I'll walk the park right now...xo