Friday, September 11, 2015

5 thing Friday - hardworking Hubby, Bubbie, Pablo, relaxation, weekends

Hubby works all day, then comes home some evenings and works more.  I feel guilty about that - I have him do a lot of things when I know he would rather eat dinner and lay on the couch.  Here he is, going over new hire benefits with The Girl:
Advising her and helping her make good choices.
He also helps my favorite band kid by being on Pit Crew - loading and unloading those heavy band instruments on game nights.  Again, after working all day.  Then he works the next day.  He likes to say:  "I keep telling you you're lucky to have me."  I know.
Speaking of that, here he is - my favorite band kid.  (:
Pablo was rear-ended a couple of weeks ago.   I really don't have anything more to add, except that the is being repaired, and The Girl is driving the biggest pick-up truck the rental place had.  We will survive all of this drama, and pretty soon, she will be all settled in to Adulthood.  Tomorrow she turns 24!
Meditation and hypnosis are helping me stay calm and sleep well, despite all of the change and upheaval happening around me.  I'm not going to say I don't have those days where I don't cope well...I've been listening to this guy.  I think he has a fabulous, calm and soothing voice.  I highly recommend it. The more I listen to it, the more benefit I get.
Months ago I wrote this message on one of the boards at work - "Weekend X-Ray...not just here 'cause we're pretty!"  Someone sent me a screen shot of it because it made them smile.  It's not an easy trade off to give up your weekends so you can get days off during the week.  And even though my kids are older, I still enjoy being there, so I guess I will stay a pretty weekend tech for a while longer....





No, I didn't forget it was Sept. 11th -  I will never forget that day...

No comments: