Monday, June 8, 2015

Pasta and Meatball Pie

 A couple of times recently I've made this baked pasta dish, knowing that since it's about to be full blown summer here, I will not be heating up my oven to make it for a while.  But it's so good!
Cream cheesy pasta in the middle of sauce and meatballs, with a sprinkling of colby jack, or mozzarella, or whatever I have on hand.
What I did:
Boiled enough pasta for six (this time was fettucine) til al dente.  Drained pasta and added 1/2 a brick of softened cream cheese to it, tossed until creamy.  Seasoned that with a little garlic, and added parsley.  Layered in a dish: marinara sauce, precooked meatballs cut in half, grated cheese, all of the pasta, more sauce and meatballs, then more grated cheese.  I baked it for about 35 minutes.
Served with a green salad, which is our summertime side dish of choice.
The leftovers for lunch are just as delish!  I will miss baking up this dish over the summer, but the kitchen will be too hot for that.  Back to using the stovetop, and the clothesline, too, come to think of it...




1 comment:

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Oh my gosh -- that looks fantastic!! I think it would be worth heating up the kitchen even in summer to enjoy that!