Friday, June 5, 2015

5 thing Friday - happy hour, summer job, figs, a napping spot, patio

I am in favor of happy hour.  We get to leave the house and be sociable with other adults.  Plus, a good martini is not to be underrated.
 Blurry selfies notwithstanding.
Scout has a job interview with a local photography studio.  Though his forte is not portraits, he does have a working knowledge of photography as art, and that can only help him along.  I would like for him to work more hours this summer and spend less time on his computer.  Either that, or sign up for summer school.
 
The fig tree is loaded.
Apparently all it needed was monsoon-like conditions.  Hopefully I can get enough figs to make jam.  I dream of fig jam.  Every summer. This might be my lucky summer!
I gave up trying to move the futon out to the garage and Sugar was not going to stop planting herself on it.  Compromise:  lay a quilt over it and let her go for it.  Sweet dreams kitty.
The back patio is in a terrible state.  I have a list as long as my arm of things I need to get done in the inside of the house, so the outside is only going to get cleaned and spiffed.  But this patchwork of deck, concrete, and pavers is making me sad.  I envision a wraparound stone patio with no deck rail!  It would also be great to get the fence replaced, more topsoil and grass added and some general landscaping, especially under the windows and on the side of the house.  It's going to take time and money.  Not to mention getting Hubby enthused...
Bring on summer!





No comments: