Friday, April 24, 2015

5 thing Friday - freezer, veggies, lamp, Easter basket, books

This is a good problem to have, I realize.  But it's silly for our freezer to be this full and still go grocery shopping.
I don't even know how it got this full!
 It's a small freezer, but really. 
 Instead of buying groceries last week, I made meals from what was in there already and it worked out great!  More about that next week...
 I love the fresh pre-cut veggies at Trader Joe's.  And butternut squash is my favorite! I need to up my veggie consumption, and squash sauteed with butter and garlic - ohmygoodness.  I added a leftover piece of chicken and it was lunch!
I am working on sprucing up my desk area.  Got me a cute vintage-y looking lamp at Target and a shade at Wal-Mart.  Next stop: JoAnn Fabrics for some new fabric for the chair pad and the liner for the basket under the desk.  Better pics coming, eventually...
Another phone pic, this one of the Easter basket my peeps surprised me with for my first day back at work!  It was full of Russell Stover chocolates, bubble bath, and muscle rub.  Sah-weet!  I'm sure they are all relieved that The Great Knee Incident of 2014 is winding down.
Books from the library.  Considering that the last time I went to the library I had a cane and a kid to lean on, this was another mini victory.  And reading?  You can't beat a good book and your feet up with a cup of tea at the end of the day.  It's been my favorite stress reliever so far.




No comments: