Friday, February 20, 2015

Thrift soapin'

The menfolk here go through a lot of bodywash and shampoo and toothpaste, and...you get the idea.  While I am happy that they are taking care of personal hygiene, I also cringe at how expensive said items are.  Usually, I can get great deals on that stuff in January, after the Christmas holidays.  However, this time around I didn't get out to too many after-Christmas sales. But recently I found some great deals at Target and Walgreen's.
I found two shampoos, 4 body washes, three bars of soap and two shave gels for $21.  Originally it would have cost me $43.  I combined items on sale, clearance items, and coupons.  The bar soap will be tucked into the boys' linens closet until they need it.
What a great haul!  
Found any good deals lately?




1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh boy! (No pun intended!) I feel the same way about my girls and the price of the make up and the beauty products. When I was little my mom always had a box of stuff at the ready in the bottom of her closet...now I know why! Sale shopping at its best!