Monday, February 9, 2015

Freezer Meals #12

It's been since right before my knee surgery that I posted the last group of freezer meals.  I hadn't had a reason to do them - I was always here and Hubby cooks on Saturdays.  But I feel like my time at home is winding down - at least I hope so.  Please forgive the marginal photos...
Sticky Chicky
2 large chicken breasts
2 T oil
2 T soy sauce
3/4 c. smooth peanut butter
3 T ketchup
1 t. salt
Mix sauce ingredients til smooth and pour over chicken breasts in big zip loc.  Cook on low from frozen for 6-8 hours. Serve over rice.

Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
Rub a 3-4 pound pork roast with your favorite BBQ rub.  (I always add some brown sugar, too)
Freeze in a big zip loc.  When ready to cook, plop it into the crock pot and add 1 can of Dr. Pepper.  Cook 8-10 hours.  Shred meat, stir in BBQ sauce, and serve over buns.

Beef Taco Rio
Brown 2 pounds ground chuck and drain.  Add 1 packet of ranch dressing or dip mix, 1 packet taco seasoning mix, 4 oz. chopped mild green chilies, and 1 cup salsa.  Freeze in a big zip loc.  Thaw, then simmer about 15 minutes or so when ready to eat in tacos or taco salad.  (This is the beef version of the chicken one we LOVE.)

Sloppy Joes
I will thaw this, put in a baking dish, and heat along with tater tots.  I just followed my basic recipe of ketchup, BBQ sauce, worchestershire, minced onion and bell pepper, mustard, cider vinegar, celery seed, salt and pepper.  Everyone has a favorite sloppy joe recipe, right?

Garlicky Onion Pork Chops
6 smallish pork loin chops, 1 can cream of chicken soup, a teaspoon or so of minced garlic, 1/2 c. water, 1/2 c. crushed French Fried Onions.  Freeze in a gallon zip loc.  Cook from frozen 6-8 hours and serve with mashed potatoes.

Mexican Chicken
2 large chicken breasts
2 t. taco seasoning
1 c. enchilada sauce
Place in big zip loc and freeze.  Cook from frozen for 6-8 hours, shred, top with cheese and chopped green onion.  Serve with sour cream and taco shells. 

 These smelled so good!
Creamy Meatballs
1 1/2 pound lean ground
1 box stuffing mix
2 eggs
1 small onion, minced fine
1 1/4 c. water
Mix everything but the meat and let it sit a couple minutes to soften, then add the meat and make meatballs. Lay them on a foil-lined cookie sheet.  Bake 20 minutes at 350.  Let cool and freeze.  When ready to eat, thaw and make a sauce with either cream of something soup or jarred gravy, and add in 1/2 c. sour cream.  Simmer about 20 minutes.  Serve over rice.
 ******
I had the crock going in the background as I was trying to save myself from cooking twice in one day.  And I'm not even going to show you the mess I made...but it was worth it to have these meals done and ready for the freezer.  Today I have jury duty - Sticky Chicky to the rescue!




Shared with:
http://cannaryfamily.blogspot.com/2015/02/freezer-meals-12.html

1 comment:

Simply LKJ said...

Yum! I'll have to try a few. My oldest would probably enjoy these as well as she teaches all day. Would be easy for her to prepare on the weekend and then have for dinner, and use the leftovers for her lunch.