Monday, January 5, 2015

Ranch Baked Chicken

Hubby has been doing all of the grocery shopping based on my menus and list.  But occasionally he will find a deal on something and buy it to freeze.  Recently he found a good deal on chicken breasts.  Perfect for seasoning up with Ranch and garlic and parmesan.  YUM.
 
Ranch Baked Chicken
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
1 pkt dry Ranch dressing mix
1/2 t. garlic powder
3 large chicken breasts, cut in half*
The breasts were so huge, I knew I would have to halve each one.  I brined them all afternoon, then rinsed and cut them in half.  You could also make this with boneless chicken thighs - it's what I usually do, but a deal on chicken is...well, a deal on chicken.  {You wouldn't need to brine thighs, but I find breasts to be too dry if I don't.  I mix kosher salt, water, a little sugar, some seasoning.  Then soak them for three hours or so in the fridge, rinse, and cook.}
Mix the parmesan, Ranch seasonings, and garlic in a dish.  Heat the oven to 350.  Dredge each breast in the mix and lay in a greased casserole dish.  Bake about 45 minutes.
I served these with a salad and some tater tots - I am getting the freezer cleaned out.  If you have some left over, it makes for an excellent chicken salad sammie the next day!



No comments: