Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful this year

We have a very cheesy tradition as we sit down to eat our Thanksgiving meal.  We take turns around the table saying what we are thankful for.  We don't pressure each other to make a speech.  But as parent, Hubby and I will not just let you shrug and say "I can't think of any".  We help remind each other and we reflect on the year.  I think it's nice to we share it with each other...especially before the mayhem of the Christmas season.
So here is my list in advance
I am thankful for my general health, and that my knee is continuing to get stronger.  In fact, that all of us enjoy good health!
I am thankful that Hubby and I have successfully managed marriage and childrearing so far...
I am thankful that Firstborn is out living life on his own terms, dealing with whatever consequences may come his way, and staying the course.
I am thankful that The Girl is almost done with her undergraduate work and has the opportunity to embark on a challenging and rewarding New Year.
I am thankful that Scout is getting more mature, figuring out what he wants to do in life and keeping the lines of communication open with his parents.
I am thankful that Bubbie continues to do well in school, band, and scouts and is doing a good job navigating his way through the teen years!  ('Cause that's some hard stuff right there)
******
 I'm not going to make a speech {I'll probably shorten this for my table mates!}  but I probably will shed a tear or two, it's just how I am.

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!




1 comment:

Simply LKJ said...

Love this Gina! Have a blessed Thanksgiving. And yes, there is always something to be thankful for.