Monday, November 17, 2014

Mealplan Monday #137 and Thanksgiving cards

Do you ever send out Thanksgiving cards?  I do it every year.  Mostly because I feel like Thanksgiving is the BEST time of the year.  How could it not be?  The weather is cooler, the food is fabulous, your dear ones are near, and the excitement of the Christmas season is just beginning.
I've been having Hubby do all of the shopping lately (SO WEIRD) and I was going to put "Thanksgiving cards" on the list, then I thought, wait...I bet Scout still has photos he printed from way back when...
I dragged out these truly tacky notecards from my stash, asked him if I could purchase some of his work, and got to craftin'.  It was a good way to spend an hour or so. (I've made cards before where I purchased plain craft cards and envelopes, but I already had these so it was more of an immediate craft!)
I was working on the menus at the same time - this is the folder I organize recipes I want to try, menus, and grocery lists.  Inside the card I am going to write a Thanksgiving sentiments - maybe one of these:

The full, the true Thanksgiving
Comes from the heart.
~J.A. Shedd


 Forever on Thanksgiving Day
The heart will find the pathway home.
~Wilbur D. Nesbit


All that we behold is full of blessings. ~William Wordsworth

 O Lord that lends me life,
Lend me a heart replete with thankfulness.
~William Shakespeare


I like to visit The Quote Garden for inspirational quotes. 

Monday -Ham and Havarti grilled sammies, sweet potato tots
Tuesday - Sweet and Tangy Pork Chops, masheds, skillet cabbage
Wednesday - Shrimp Tacos, chips and guacamole
Thursday - Stuffed Pepper Soup, garlic toast
Friday - Mom and Dad out - Happy 54th Birthday to me!
Saturday - (tentative) Mom and Dad take our new baby out for a spin:

Because of my surgery, I have only climbed up into it once.  It's super roomy inside with a kitchen and table and the bed it makes is HUGE.  Seriously.  In this tiny thing!
Sunday - Pork Roast, new potatoes, carrots, rolls
Dessert this week is my birthday cake.  I bought a mix, just to make it simple, but I am going to jazz up Maple Brown Sugar cake and frosting with pecans or walnuts...yum!

This one is still my favorite:
 After I pasted the photo on the card, I trimmed around it for an exact fit.  Small and sweet.  Such beautiful work, you've done, Scout,  Even when you were just learning!
This year is the first year since The Girl Started school that I have had ONLY ONE school pic to enclose in our Thanksgiving cards. Sweet Bubbie!
Now, time to get the menu made out for Thanksgiving.


Gina

Shared with:
http://hopestudios.blogspot.com/2014/11/tutorial-tuesday_17.html

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Sending out Thanksgiving cards is a really thoughtful gesture. You really made them special by making your own. They turned out beautiful. Scout takes such awesome pictures.

PS. You inspired me to do a little meal planning. I made lasagna, enough for two nights. Then I froze extra homemade sauce for spaghetti this week. I used ground chicken breast instead of beef and saved a bunch since it was on sale. Thanks for inspiring me, Gina!!