Monday, November 3, 2014

Mealplan Monday #135 and camping crap

 Well, really it's not all crap.  It's just that there is sooo much of it from years of having the boys in Scouts.  A lot of it had migrated to our master bedroom closet, so...
 I purchased some smallish stacking containers and a large one and tried to organize it as best I could on the second half of the metal shelving I removed from the closet.  At first, predictably, Hubby panicked.  But I threw nothing away and it all fits in here perfectly.  Now he just needs to go through the containers at some point and decide if he wants to really keep it all.  My guess is: he will.  The term Pack Rat was invented for him.  Which is why we tend to have two of everything in here.
******
Monday - (freezer meal) Baked Italian Shells, veggie
Tuesday - Taco Salads
Wednesday - Leftovers Night - see what's in the freezer...
Thursday - Spaghetti with Meatsauce, broccoli
Friday - Fish Tacos, cabbage slaw, guacamole
Saturday - Dad grill
Sunday - Dr. Martin's Mix, corn
Dessert this week probably won't happen unless Hubby decides to fix something since he's the cook!

I got the area swept out and everything in the shelves just barely before I had my knee surgery, so it's not magazine-worthy; I still need to remove the stickers from the plastic bins and maybe label them.  The best part is, they aren't in my master closet.  And that made the whole endeavor worthwhile.


Gina

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Oh man, you should see my garage. You're so lucky to have all that storage space in your master closet though. I'd probably save a lot more if I had the room for it. It bet it feels good to be more organized now.