Friday, November 7, 2014

5 thing Friday - Tech Week, Sugar, nails, graduation, Keds

I feel a little like Sally in It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.  I've pretty much missed Tech Week at work.
"Tech Week is over and I missed it! You stupid knee! You hurt me all day and night waiting for the swelling to go down and pain relief to come, and all that came was a cat! I didn't even get a chance to go out for tricks-or-treats last Friday! And it was all your fault! I'll sue! What a fool I was! I could've had candy, wine, and pizza! And cookies and money and all sorts of things! But no! I had to prop you up. I feel like such a blockhead. What a whiner I was. Tech Week comes only once a year, and I miss it by sitting in a gravity lounger with a fat cat."
YOU OWE ME RESTITUTION!
I like what I do for a living - I want to get better so I can go back to it asap!
 No offense intended to Sugar.  She has faithfully hung out no more than 5 feet from me since Day 1.  Sometimes staring at me.  Sometimes laying on me.  It's like she's a worried little old lady cat.
 Remember (I know you don't) that I ruined my nails all the way down to the nail bed by using chemicals with no gloves cause I'm slightly idiotic?
 That was May.  Wrinkly fingers aside, they are looking so much better.  I took biotin and a daily vitamin, kept them trimmed veeerrry short, rubbed Barielle into them every day a couple times a day, and stopped being dumb about not wearing gloves with anything stronger than household cleaning supplies.  And lotion is my friend.
 GET PUMPED.  
The Girl will graduate from Baylor in December - there's a nifty countdown app that reminds you how much longer she has to go...46 days!!!!  I can hardly believe it!!  So proud of my girl.  She is ambitious, smart, full of life.  The world is her oyster, people!
I ordered some Keds - been wanting some forever.  I used to live in these, then I underwent a change to Wilma Flintstone feet and they were no longer comfy.  But lo and behold, they sell them in different widths!  YAY.  I can't spend all day standing in them, but for wearing around the house and doing a few errands this Fall, they will be perfect.  I'm trying hard to look ahead with a positive outlook.
It's the little (and big) things that help remind me daily - I have much to be thankful for.  I really need to quit whining and carrying on and learn to RELAX.  Wish it were that easy...







1 comment:

Simply LKJ said...

Didn't realize you were a radiology tech. I was fortunate to have same tech for both my biopsy and my surgery. I love her!! She made all the difference in both procedures. Congrats to your girl!! How exciting. We will be there in May with our daughter. And yes, I used to live in Keds...who knew they would become fashionable again.