Monday, October 15, 2012

Mealplan Monday #30 with crock pot ribs - YUM!

This week I plan on getting some projects, big and small, done  - replacing broken blinds, getting rid of the mice (eek!) that are living under the deck, making sure the landscape lights are all functioning, replacing smoke alarm batteries, re-setting all the clocks, doing some sewing repairs, and maybe putting my car in the shop.... so the crock pot will be my best friend.
Last week I went through all of my clothes and got rid of stuff that didn't fit, or I would never wear again.  Now I have fewer clothes...but the closet looks great and I have a list of stuff to buy!
******

Monday - Crock pot Cheesey Chicken Tater Tot Casserole, salad
Tuesday - Crock pot of pinto beans with leftover grilled pork tenderloin added in, cornbread
Wednesday - Crock pot Country Tender and Tangy Ribs, mac and cheese, green beans
Thursday -  Crock pot Lemon Chicken , couscous, broccoli
Friday - Beef Taco Bake, salad
Saturday - Dad grill
Sunday - Italian sausage and pasta, corn
******
Try these in your crock pot.  You will thank me...
Crock Pot Tender and Tangy Ribs

3/4 c. cider vinegar
1/2 c. ketchup
2 T brown sugar
2 T Worchestershire
1 garlic clove, minced
1 t. paprika
1 t. ground mustard
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
2 lbs. country style beef ribs

Brown the ribs in hot oil in the skillet and lay them in the crock pot.  Combine the first 9 ingredients and pour over the meat.  Cook on low 6 hours or until tender.

Happy Crocktober!






1 comment:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Gina, I visited your blog a last week and was going to comment when my battery died, but I was inspired to make that cheesy chicken casserole last Thursday and we loved it! Of course, I added a few other things, and I am going to share it on my blog! Angie xo