Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ready for Spring

I guess Spring is here - if the calendar didn't say Spring Break, I wouldn't be looking for it. 
Seems like we never had Winter.
And since we have a dull week planned, I thought I would venture out there to see what needed to be done. The patio, which I though would need a LOT of cleaning up, was not in such bad shape.  
 It mainly just needed a good sweep and rearranging of furniture, 
some cleaning of the table and chairs, and storing the fire pit.
When the oaks stop dropping leaves and pollen, we can power wash the slab.  
I'd like to get a rug to go under the table, and pot some plants for the deck.
In the meantime I gussied up my herb garden  and cleaned up the table for Spring dinners outside.  
A little TLC prettied the space without spending a lot.  
My kind of "before and after".




2 comments:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

It looks great Gina! I love the little herb garden! Angie xo

Marie said...

a lovely spot for family gatherings.
Texas is like that...almost no winter.
Oh, wanted to mention: Saw in my Country Living
Magazine that they are coming to Austin for their
big Expo in April...sigh! Would love to go see it, but
thought you might be interested.